Saturday, June 28, 2014

My first full day in the country of buckwheat was a Sunday, so as you say that the streets were des


New York is a city engouffrante. New Yorkers are over-achievers, over-Worked, over-booked, and rightly so, a bit obnoxious because their city is anything but over-rated. The New Yorkers wear over-alls because it's fashionable, they are still over-excited, and rarely over-weighted. Welcome to my home! I just over-seas, and although occasionally glamourmagazine I am over-whelmed by my adopted city, usually I'm over the rainbow ...
This summer I spent some time in Britain with my parents. I was really looking forward to disconnect from the New York frenzy even if the contrast / international metropolis seaside village was nearly as striking as my first swim of the season in the English Channel (the temperature at 16 degrees in my estimation a tad less accurate the marine weather). Marion in VF so it gives: "Oh you can see the stars in the sky! But how does the library is closed between noon and two? It is normal that I can hear the silence when I read IT in the evening before falling glamourmagazine asleep? Since when does a cappuccino is putting whipped cream in espresso? "... glamourmagazine I had a fantastic time, and well stocked on my list because there were important things to do before glamourmagazine leaving the UK (eg VERY things take a long hot bath with bubbles in New York , colocation, it lends itself less, you see), but I must say that there is still something I missed: to see and to be seen.
My first full day in the country of buckwheat was a Sunday, so as you say that the streets were deserted, without forgetting the customs trails because it was a time of dog (much to my surprise ... selective amnesia has conditioned me to Remember Brittany in July as a paradise microclimate). I who had brought a selection glamourmagazine of clothes "cocktail glamourmagazine party on a rooftop," I quickly went triple P mode (sweater / fleece / pants), and I alternated between the two slims who traveled with me for the Emergency style-I did-not-have-the-time-of-me tweeze / de-to-de-tanning. glamourmagazine Black jeans was for special occasions (breakfast at the pancake house, sales to the big city: Morlaix, evening watching the last episodes of Season 2 of Downton Abbey); while the pastel denim was for "summer" occasions (walking on the beach in Kwe, pot heated terrace output powerboat). This Kate Middleton, I had no complex "recycle" glamourmagazine my outfits, since anyway I was going to fall on anyone familiar with the concept of fashion faux-pas, or else just too familiar with this concept! And unlike Paris where I found myself nose to nose with SJP, my fellow New Yorker on a spree in Britain that I did not risk falling on SJP (Soizig-Janick Pezron). And this is what the problem is: make apricot jam a quiet afternoon at home without triggering a fire alarm is the foot, but the people watching is the Louboutin foot!
Since my return, I got hard reset: I shamelessly matte passersby on the streets of Manhattan that I travel with my sneakers that are NOT Tom's (let stand here); I do not go out without lipstick, including do my shopping at Trader Joe's; and most importantly, I went to dinner at Rosemary's. What, you do not know Rosemary's? Yet it is the ideal place to debrief in any non-intimacy with her best friend who just had The Talk with her boyfriend. With a little luck, everyone around you will know! Rosemary's (note the name at once familiar and catchy), it is called glamourmagazine in local parlance a scene. Is a very busy restaurant, almost TOO well attended.
This is a typical phenomenon in the world of restaurants / bars / brunch spots in New York: it concerns a place that opened there a while (Momofuku Noodle Bar), an institution that makes a comeback (The Frog ), or ideally a newcomer who has an instant success and thus sees its future assured for at least the next few months to pay skyrocketing rents downtown Manhattan (Miss Lily's Favourite Cake date of the last season, glamourmagazine but continues to be a hit). Some chefs would kill a pig with his bare hands (and cuisineraient barbecue) to their restaurant becomes a scene, while for others, glamourmagazine and for their customers, it is a curse in disguise, or how to turn a good restaurant glamourmagazine for neighborhood

No comments:

Post a Comment